Reading time: 1 minute 6 seconds
Let’s start with a definition:
Philanthropy – the desire to promote the welfare of others, expressed especially by the generous donation of money to good causes.
So, a Philanthropist is a person who gives money or gifts to charities, or someone who helps needy people in other ways ‘Generous donation’ is kind of vague – right?
There is more than one way to be a Philanthropist.
You are not limited to making grand gestures or donating boatloads of money.
As many people are doing during the pandemic, you can make meals and distribute them to the homeless.
- You can donate time at a women’s shelter.
- Organize a trivia game night.
- You can set up an event with entry fees to go to a charity (like an antique auto show, motorcycle ride or dog event).
- Produce a fashion show with children, young adults or co-workers.
- Hold a simple fundraising walk or jog.
- Set up a progressive dinner or a night of cultural cuisine.
- Be a big brother or sister.
- Volunteer at a food pantry.
- Deliver food to home-bound seniors.
There are so many ways you can give of your time, or raise money, to benefit the causes that touch your heart without personally donating piles of money.
What cause do you want to support? How best can you do it?
To Your Prosperity,
P.S. 100% of my book, coaching and program profits are donated to Shelter To Soldier.